Cervical Spine Surgery in Pune
Cervical Spine Surgery in Pune
Neck anatomy is a well-engineered structure of bones, nerves, muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
The cervical spine (neck) is delicate — housing the spinal cord lies between the cranium and the thoracic vertebrae. It consists of seven distinct vertebrae that separate one another from the intervertebral disc.
The cervical spine sends messages from the brain to control all aspects of the body—while also remarkably strong and flexible, allowing movement in all directions.
What are symptoms of cervical pain?
- Numbness or weakness in the arms, legs, hands, and feet can be felt as these parts are directly connected to the cervical nerves.
- You may have difficulty in walking and other activities due to a lack of coordination
- Headaches at the back of the head can be felt
- Muscle spasms
- Stiffness in the neck
- Abnormal reflexes by the hands and legs
What is the Reason for Cervical Spine Surgery?
The most common reason for cervical pain is cervical spondylolysis or osteoarthritis. It can cause changes in the bones, disc, or joints that are connected to the neck. Wear and tear of cartilages and bones also lead to cervical pain. The treatment depends on the severity of the pain. If the medications, home remedies, and cervical pain exercise don’t work out then cervical spine surgery is recommended by spine specialists.
Who is top cervical spine surgeon in Pune?
Dr. Rahul Chaudhary is the most recommended spine surgeon in Pune. He had received advance spine/scoliosis surgery training in America for 3 years. His expertise involves treating cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine disorders including degenerative spine conditions (slipped disc, sciatica, and spinal stenosis), fractures, tumours, and spinal deformities. He successfully treated many happy patients in his 17 years of journey as an Orthopaedist.
What are the conditions that can be treated with cervical spine surgery?
- Degenerative disc disease
- Cervical deformity
- Fracture in spine
- Dislocation and injury of spine
What preparations are required before Cervical Spine Surgery?
- Maintain good health
- Stop smoking
- Do pre-surgical check-ups
- Do not take any medication with the prescription of the doctor
What are the types of Cervical Spine Surgery?
Following type of cervical spine surgeries are most common:
- Anterior cervical spinal fusion surgery:
This surgery is performed to restore skeletal stability. It provides pain reliefs and improves alignment in people with advanced arthritis.
- Anterior cervical corpectomy spine surgery:
This surgery is performed to treat multi-level cervical stenosis with spinal cord compression caused by bone spur growth. It will be used to allow more extension exposure.
- Posterior Cervical Decompression (Microdiscectomy) Surgery :
It is performed for the treatment of herniated lumbar disc. Very effective for leg pain than lower back pain.
- Posterior Cervical Laminectomy :
It is useful to regain some spinal cord function improvement in hand and walking functions.
We are always ready to provide the best care…